Friday, June 15, 2007

Procrastination

Sometimes when I'm thinking about making a change I hear a small voice in my head saying "you don't have to do that now,it can wait until tomorrow or next week or whenever." It may be something fun or it may be something I'm resposible for but the more I procrastinate the harder it seems that I'll ever be able to do it. Guilt kicks in and taking any action seems impossible.
For a long time, I've been wanting to get back to painting but something always seemed to stop me- it isn't realy a necessity, I don't have the time, I should be doing other things, etc. Then I started asking myself some questions: What do you really want to do? Can you find time in your schedule? What might help you get started. As I began answering these questions, I realized that taking a class would really get me going- it worked!
If you find yourself procrastination you might want to ask the following questions:
What do I really want?
Is it realistic?
How will I feel if I do it?
What small step can I take to start?
Contact us for more tips- a coach can help solve procrastination.